Thursday, October 27, 2016

perpendicular parking



Only because I did not hit the person's car, I found it charming and creative .

Yesterday evening there was a fall festival, and cars lined the road alongside the grass.  I left plenty of room in front of me (but not so much room that another car would wedge in) so that when someone parallel parked behind me, I could still pull out easily.

At the end of the event, I returned to my van to find someone perpendicular parked in front of me.  I'd never seen that before.  It made pulling out harder, but I admired the creativity.

Which of course brings us to writing.  When you do the unexpected and the readers accept your offering even though it violates the norm, you've succeeded--at least with your audience.  Writing is risk taking, so choose your risks wisely while aiming to stay true to your art and bring delight to your readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home